Friday, June 1, 2007

Melanee H-T

My name is Melanee and I am a special education teacher at a middle school in Lexington county. I have been teaching for 5 years, but this was my first year teaching at a creative arts infused school. My highest score on the MI test was Interpersonal so if all else fails rely on your personality, charm, and the ability to work with the people/students around you with ease. I learn best by doing, seeing, and experiencing things. Sit me in a lecture and I fall alseep. This is why I love being part of an arts infused school because if you get bored or the kids get bored branch out and create, do, and just plain have fun learning. I hope to learn other ways tyo get my struggling students excited about learning.

4 comments:

Lisa Cureton said...

Hi, I am also a special education teacher. I teach the age group of 10-13 year old educable mentally disabled students in a self-contained setting. I can't wait to meet you. I always love meeting other special ed. teachers. See you in class!

Evetta said...

Hi Melanee! It seems like there will be several Special Education and Music teachers in the MUSE Machine class. I taught one year of Special Education-LD at the middle school level. I also love working/planning with others. I look forward to working with you at the MUSE Machine class.

Mary Lou said...

Melanee, I promise short lectures and LOTS of movement. See you next week, ML

Kendra said...

Hi Melanee! I am in the "special ed realm" as I am a speech/language pathologist. I look forward to meeting you and sharing ideas!