Saturday, June 2, 2007

Karen Bagwell

My name is Karen Bagwell, and I teach music to kindergarten through second grade students at Woodruff Primary School. I have been teaching for thirty years, twenty eight of which have been at Woodruff Primary. On the MI Inventory my highest scores were musical, naturalist, and intrapersonal, and these categories describe me perfectly. I am a passionate musician and environmentalist, and I love to rescue and care for animals. I am always looking for new ideas to take back to my classroom and for new ways to teach familiar concepts. Hopefully, Muse will enable me to do both.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen,
I'm looking forward to the conference. My friend's mom teaches elementary music in Lexington and she just retired. It sounds like you're pretty close!

Melody said...

Karen,

I am glad to see other music teachers taking this course. I look forward to meeting you. Hopefully I can learn a lot from your great experience!
Melody

Evetta said...

Hi Karen! I have had a wonderful working experience with my music teacher. She retired this year, but I will have the opportunity to work with another outstanding music instructor. I look forward to meeting you at the MUSE machine class.

Mary Lou said...

Karen,Great to have some music teachers in the group. ML

Mary Lou said...

For Jeannette Fleming...
Karen, I read your welcome info, and I feel that we may have something in common. I, too, have taught for 30+ years. Presently, I am semi-retired, still possessing that need to interact with students and colleagues. I seem to have this burning desire to keep learning innovative trends and methods to stay in the game. It is my belief that the body, mind, and spirit all work together for the better good of everyone, be it educator or layman. I really am looking forward to meeting you, and interacting with you and all other colleagues. See you soon!